The fellowship is a 10-months appointment during the 2017-18 academic year and carries a salary rate of $52,000 plus $2,000 for research expenses.
The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center (Shorenstein APARC) is a unique Stanford University institution focused on the interdisciplinary study of contemporary Asia.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded contemporary Asia. The primary focus of the fellowship is on contemporary political, economic, or social change in the Asia-Pacific region (including Northeast, Southeast, and South Asia), or topics in international relations and international political economy.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship is a 10-month appointment during the 2017-18 academic year, and carries a salary rate of $52,000 plus $2,000 for research expenses.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center at Stanford University is pleased to announce its search for two 2017-18 Shorenstein Postdoctoral Fellows in Contemporary Asia-Pacific Studies. Made possible through the generosity of Walter H. Shorenstein, awards will be made to two junior scholars for research and writing on Asia (recent PhDs must have degree conferral and approval by August 31, 2017, or have obtained Ph.D. within the past 5 years or equivalent in research experience).
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships
How to Apply: Applicants should complete the following online application form: Application Procedures:
- Fill out the online application form
- Upload the following materials to the online form, in PDF format:
- Brief research statement(not to exceed five typed pages, double-spaced), which describes the research and writing to be undertaken during the fellowship period, as well as the proposed publishable product; and
- Curriculum vitae
- Email(in PDF format) THREE (3) letters of recommendation to shorensteinfellowships-at-stanford.edu. We will accept official letters of recommendation from the applicant, dossier service, or from reference directly.
- PLEASE NOTE:Once we have received all components of your application, including 3 recommendations, we will send you an email confirming the completion of your application. If you have not received this email, you may check in with Kristen Lee at shorensteinfellowships-at-stanford.edu,but please be advised that Stanford University will close for winter break from December 21, 2016 – January 3, 2017, and response time will be delayed.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December. 16, 2016.