MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Power Planning (Supervisory)
- To dimension power and cooling system requirements in switching and data centers, RDLUs, VGCs, FC/Connect stores, etc.
- Seek and ensure the implementation of energy solution and Optimization that reduces operational cost to the business.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Network Group Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Help in preparing the annual budgetary plan for the unit – Power Management (CAPEX).
- Support in the planning and implementation of strategic cost reduction and saving in Opex/CAPEX
- Ensure strict adherence to all policies, processes and procedures of MTN for power planning systems and continuous improvement to foster efficiency.
- Ensure that all power executions are carried out in line with standards and specification of MTN and in accordance to all national and international best practices.
- Ensure all presentations, reports (daily, weekly, etc.) on overall power systems of the network are available.
- Ensure accurate data base of power and cooling systems are available and updated as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient management information system for Power Planning unit
- Carry out audit and ensure correct application of cooling, DC and AC power solution for all standard and non-standard BTS/Tx site configurations conform to specification.
- Seeking cost effective energy solutions and developing plans for their approvals and implementation.
- Making necessary plans and cost estimates for all power and cooling systems projects
- Specify and dimensioning of power requirements for installations
- Supervise and accept power installations carried out by vendors
- Optimize power application and use.
- Preparing, developing and seeking approvals for budgetary plans for all M&E projects (Power and Cooling) in MTNN.
- To monitor through site visits and data gathering from the ESS team to ensure adequate capacities are available.
- To work with Facility Implementation team and ensure successful implementation of M&E projects and to verify all M&E designs and drawings from vendors and facility implementation consultants.
- Plan and assist in the implementation of power and cooling system as specified in MTNN requirements
- Develop scope of work and specifications for all M&E (power and cooling) systems
- Verify scope of work and carry out acceptance of power, cooling and M&E projects
- Verify and confirm proof of concepts for trials on Power and Energy initiatives
- To reduce power and cooling related faults in the network due to poor/lack of proper planning in the Technical and Non-Technical sites & facilities.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives.
- Support the drive for an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Ensure interdepartmental collaboration – interface with other departments within Network Division (NWD).
- Establish and maintain relationships with all units in NWD.
- Investigate power related issues and proffer lasting solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Laisse with Facility Implementation to review and ensure proper development and approval for all M&E free issues designs, SOW, specification and standards.
- Liaise with network operations to identify repeated cooling, DC and AC power system faults and ensure appropriate solutions are developed to prevent future re-occurrence of such problems.
- Develop Scope of Work and Specifications for all M&E systems (Power and cooling) and deliver them for implementation.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops etc. as required and assigned by line manager
- Participate in MTN Group technological initiatives, RFPs, etc. as required and assigned by line manager.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Knowledge sharing among team members.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office, Facilities, Site visits
- Travels outside working locations including site inspections, meetings, etc.
Experience & Training Education
- BSC/HND in Electrical/Electronic from a reputable Institution.
- Professional membership and qualification from accredited engineering body
- A Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage
- 3-7 years of work experience which must include:
- Good experience in M&E designs and installations
- Power and Cooling system dimensioning
- Competent in Auto card application or other technical design software.
- Data Center designs and knowledge of Tier Certification requirements
- Technical data gathering and analyses
- Experience in Power System Strategy
- Procurement and contract processes
- Supervision of power and cooling systems in a telecommunications environment would be an added advantage
- Experience in project Management would be an added advantage
- Power Generation System (Solar, DC, AC etc.).
- AC/DC Power and cooling system
- Generators, UPS, Rectifier, Hybrid power, inverters and Regulators, switchboards, distribution units, etc.
- Knowledge in regulations associated with standards e.g. SON, NERC, NEMSA, NESIS, etc.
- Process documentation and analysis tool
- Leadership and management development program
- Cost benefit analysis methodologies/presentations
- Technical evaluation
- Project and Change management methodology
- Telecom Site installation
- Quality assurance and controls
- Safety and quality management
- Facility management
- BA, BEng, BTech or HND.
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online