EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on EutelsJob Vacancy atSatellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000). AFDWA24 is locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking sub-region. With a slate of original and premier international programming, AREWA24’s goal is to create an authentic Hausa-language television platform thJob Vacancy atenriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty, promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. EA seeks to recruit an Accountant to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program.
We seek qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Daily posting of financial transactions in QuickBooks and maintaining financial records.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atmonthly financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to Headquarters.
- Review procurements and purchases process to ensure compliance to EA policies and USG rules before payment to vendors.
- Carryout staff/vendors security checks through watchdog before engagement.
- Prepare monthly staff payroll for review by FAM and approval by the DG.
- Monitor the expenditures and reports to the Finance & Admin Manager to ensure thJob Vacancy atprogram funds are utilized appropriately.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in providing on-the-job orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Supervise the Finance and Admin officer and management of petty cash system
- Support the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Supervise the timely remittance of taxes in compliance to Nigerian’s laws.
- Carryout any other duties as assigned by the FAM and the DG
- The Accountant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager of Equal Access Nigeria (EAN).
- The Accountant will oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in finance functions
- Experience with Department of State and USAID financial reporting and procurement processes
- Proven ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to travel to other project locations as required
Language and Computer Skills:
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Good computing skills: MS word,Excel,QuickBooks and other accounting software
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application including a Cover letter, updated CV, and three references to: email@example.com
Note: We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date