Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the accountants Officer shall assist the finance team with the responsibility for accounting in the Country office
- Assist the unit with the role of ensuring compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the project
- The incumbent assists the Finance Manager to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records
- H/she will support the broader role of the National Accountant and assist in the preparation of budgets and assist in applicable day to day finance duties.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and nongovernmental organizations in Nigeria
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 31st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
- The subject of the email “MUST” be the Position Title and Location applied for.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.