We are seeking to fill Administration Associate post job atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office, Damaturu Field Office and Abuja Country Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you
Job Title: Administration Associate
Reference No: 16-0022434
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office, Damaturu Field Office and Abuja Country Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Finance/Admin Officer, the Administration Associate will coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the area, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures, and performance plan.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding administration standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day-to-day work.
- Has provided support in managing facilities and assets.
- Has provided support in managing light vehicle fleet.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thjob atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.