We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Advocacy Manager
- The overall purpose of this position is to expand, coordinate and improve ACF’s advocacy and communication work for tackling under nutrition Job Vacancy atFederal and State levels, explore the States’ contexts to develop, refine and execute the advocacy strategy employing different communication tools to ensure the inclusion of nutrition on the political and development agenda.
- Also to develop and communicate advocacy messages targeted to various stakeholder groups and especially decision makers Job Vacancy atStates level (and secondary Job Vacancy atFederal) using evidence from ACF’s programme experience and the work of other key nutrition stakeholders and to disseminate updates on new developments in nutrition advocacy, government policies, regional and international events, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the advocacy strategy.
- Implement the advocacy strategy Job Vacancy atFederal and States level.
- Representation in advocacy fora.
- Capacity building and repository of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communication and media.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years in the humanitarian/development sector.
- Minimum 2 years of humanitarian experience in an advocacy position.
- Experience with ACF is desirable.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills.
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.
- Credibility to lobby, network, influence and represent ACF Nigeria Job Vacancy atall levels.
- Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously and arrive Job Vacancy atdecisions and conclusions with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and practical experience of general humanitarian standards and principles such as Sphere Standards, HAP, and the Red Cross Code of Conduct, Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity.
- Up to date knowledge of the humanitarian discourse around key concepts such as devolution, resilience, LRRD.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines/procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Package.
- Good understanding of all three ACF’s technical sectors is desirable.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Advocacy Manager-Abuja”.
- Also note thJob Vacancy atapplications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.