The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental and Charitable Organization whose main focus is the promotion of agriculture and rural development through the training of youths in modern and sustainable farming methods. The Foundation’s programmes are in support of the Federal Government policy and efforts on Agricultural Development and Poverty Alleviation.
The Foundation currently has six Agricultural Training Schools in Nigeria (and plans to have more) located in Osun, Ondo, Kaduna, Kano, Gombe States and the FCT, and over the years offers quality practical training in small and large scale agriculture in four broad technical areas namely: Crop production & Agroforestry, Animal/Livestock Production, Rural Enterprise Development, Agricultural Engineering.
- Report to and work closely with the Supervisor.
- Make inputs in the review and development of the training curriculum.
- Supervise attendants and trainees to ensure all departmental practical are thoroughly carried out.
- Make inputs in maintenance of the school and LFN as an organization.
- Make inputs in the coordination of all training activities of the department.
- Make inputs in the preparation and implementation of departmental budgets.
- Make inputs in planning and designing of departmental programmes.
- Supervise trainees assignments and record books.
- Make inputs coordinating workshops, short courses, symposia and seminars.
- B.Sc. Agronomy/Crop production, Animal/Livestock production, Agricultural Economics/Extension and Agricultural Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years (minimum of 5 years and 7 years for B.Sc and HND respectively) relevant job experience.
- Ability to speak the local language where the schools are located will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is an advantage for the position.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications written in their handwriting accompanied with photocopies of relevant credentials and current detailed Curriculum Vitae (with functional mobile phone numbers and personal e-mail addresses) to the:
Leventis Foundation (Nig) Ltd/Gte,
2 Leventis Close,
Central Business District,
P.O. Box 20351 Garki,