Avondale College of Higher Education is offering two International Merit Scholarship for 2017 intake. These scholarships are available for international students who qualify and enrol in one of Avondale’s undergraduate or Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses.
Avondale is committed to nurturing students who excel in academic achievement, music and fine arts, mission outreach, sporting achievement and student leadership.
Avondale College of Higher Education is an Australian tertiary education provider affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world’s second largest Christian school system.
Students from a non-English speaking background will often complete English Language Courses (Avondale can make recommendations as to local ELICOS providers) or Foundation Studies prior to commencing a degree or Vocational Education course.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or Vocational Education and Training (VET) course.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Avondale International Merit Scholarship is worth $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) for the first year of study and $1,500 ($750 per semester) in each successive year in an undergraduate or Vocational Education and Training (VET) course to a maximum of $6,500.
Scholarship can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility: This scholarship is available to students commencing an undergraduate or VET course. Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.5 (scale of 4) or equivalent and excel in at least one of the following areas: school leadership, music performance or fine arts, sportsmanship and sporting achievements, spiritual mentoring, worship leadership, volunteer support roles or community/mission outreach.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.5 (scale of 4) or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students from a non-English speaking background will often complete English Language Courses (Avondale can make recommendations as to local ELICOS providers) or Foundation Studies prior to commencing a degree or Vocational Education course.
How to Apply:
- Applications are to be submitted on the International Merit Scholarship Application form, and no later than enrolment for Semester 1 or Semester 2;
- Applicants must submit official verification of their GPA or equivalent for the period immediately preceding intended enrolment at Avondale as soon as practicable after those results are published;
- Applicants must submit a description of involvement in service and leadership activities and achievements in school, church and/or community along with the application;
- Applicants must attach a reference from their school principal/teacher, church or community supervisor validating their achievements;
- In some cases, Avondale will contact a person who knows the applicant well. Applicants are to provide the name and phone number of two people, such as a school teacher, pastor or employer, who is willing to provide a character reference for them;
- The offer is made subject to all normal admission requirements being met and can be accepted once normal application procedures are complete.
Application Deadline: Applications should be submitted no later than enrolment for semester 1 or semester 2 2017.