The Tilburg University is offering four scholarships for international students Vacancy at School of Social and Behavioral Sciences. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing bachelor’s program in Global Management of Social Issues for the academic year 2017-2018.
This program integrates knowledge from three academic fields in the social sciences: human resource studies, organization studies, and sociology, from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective.
Tilburg University is a public research university specializing in the social and behavioral sciences, economics, law, business sciences, theology and humanities, located in Tilburg in the southern part of the Netherlands.
Bachelor’s program in Global Management of Social Issues is taught entirely in English, so students must demonstrate English language proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s program Vacancy at School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Global Management of Social Issues.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will consist of a monthly allowance for living expenses (a total amount of €10,000 per year for three years), arranged by the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Scholarship can be taken at Netherlands
Eligibility: To qualify for the Scholarship student must fulfill the following criteria, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to the Bachelor’s program:
- Candidates must be international students who will move to the Netherlands specifically to follow the Bachelor’s program in Global Management of Social Issues.
- Candidates must have applied for admission to this program at Tilburg University by May 1, 2017.
- Candidates must have been (unconditionally) admitted to the Bachelor’s program in Global Management of Social Issues for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Candidates must be newly enrolled students at Tilburg University.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Before student apply for the Global Management of Social Issues program, please make sure thVacancy aty meet the following requirements:
- Applicants have a high school diploma that is equivalent to a Dutch VWO high school diploma. Examples of diplomas which are accepted are the IB, EB, Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife, and Swiss Maturité.
- Applicants are also welcome to apply if they are still in their final year of studies and have not yet obtained your diploma, but they must obtain it before September 1, 2016.
- If high school diploma does not meet the admission requirements above, students may still be eligible for the program if they have completed one year of academic education in the Netherlands (HBO) or abroad. Please note that students are only eligible if they pass all courses offered in the first year of this academic education.
- To be admitted to this program, student must have a sufficient grounding in Mathematics. If this is not the case, you will be required to follow a mathematics course in the first year. Check ‘Mathematic requirements’ below for further details.
English Language Requirement: Tilburg University accepts the following tests, which cannot be older than two years Vacancy at time of application:
- Academic IELTS (minimum score 6.0 overall, minimum score of 5.5 for each part);
- TOEFL (minimum score of 80 for the internet-based test, 550 for the paper-based test; the TOEFL institutional code of Tilburg University is 9860);
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination (CPE, score A, B or C) or Cambridge Advanced English (CAE, score A, B or C).
There is no need to take an English language test if
- Applicants are a native English speaker, i.e. if you are a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America;
- Applicants have completed all secondary education in English either at an international school or in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America; or
- High school diploma is the Dutch VWO or the German Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife, and English was one of the examination subjects.
How to Apply: Candidates do not need to apply for the Scholarship separately, but will be considered for the Scholarship award during the application process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.