The Governing Council of Delta State University hereby announces thJob Vacancy atthe position of: the Bursar is vacant. Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons with requisite qualifications and cognate experience for consideration for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualification and Experience
- The University Bursar, who is the Head of the Bursary Department, should have a Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent in Accountancy qualification.
- In addition the candidate should possess ACCA or ACA or ACMA plus 18 years post qualification experience, most of which (12 years) must be within a University Bursary. A Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must also possess a record of good health and adequate leadership experience as well as high degree of competence, integrity and dependability.
- The person must be computer literate. Candidates below the rank of Deputy Bursar in a University need not apply.
- The candidate must not be more than 60 years of age Job Vacancy atthe time of assumption of Office.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure of five (5) years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian University System.
Salary Scale (New Consolidated Salary Structure) CONUSS 15
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward 25 copies of typewritten applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates. Candidates are required to give the following information:
- Full Names (Surname first).
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality, State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with dates of birth)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Publications (if any/where applicable)
- Extra-Curricula Activities and Names and Addresses of three Referees
All Applications should be forward to:
Delta State University,
P.M.B. 1, Abraka,
- Candidates should also request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar from whom further details may be obtained and relevant credentials
- Late applications will not be entertained.
- Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.