We are seeking to fill a Business Support Associate post Job Vacancy atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Abuja Country Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Job Title: Business Support Associate
Reference No: 16-0022439
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Country Director, the Business Support Associate will coordinate and control a full range of business support services for a specific professional area of work, to ensure thJob Vacancy atservices are delivered effectively.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure thJob Vacancy atplanned financial resources are used effectively.
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
- Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specialised knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thJob Vacancy atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.