McDonald’s Australia is offering Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders. The scholarship will reward successful candidates with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards tuition fees for their chosen undergraduate or postgraduate study.
The Scholarship is designed to encourage people to realise their academic and professional goals by awarding a measure of financial support.
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald’s Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name. The Scholarship, administered by the Charlie Bell School of Management, recognises Charlie’s commitment towards the provision of ongoing learning and education.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at an Australian University.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Each year, up to four awards may be granted under the Scholarship as follows:
- one award, valued up to $15,000 may only be granted to an employee of McDonald’s Australia Limited or employed at a McDonald’s restaurant by a McDonald’s franchisee (Employee Award);
- up to three awards, valued each up to $15,000, may be granted Job Vacancy at discretion of the Selection Committee (Discretionary Award).
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, applicants must
- Gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian University;
- Be available to commence university or continue university, as the case may be, in semester 1, 2017;
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- In respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald’s or its franchisees.
- If an applicant is aged under 18 years, parental consent is required to validate the Scholarship application.
Nationality: Australian citizens can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via email.
Application Deadline: Entries for 2017 Scholarship open Monday 19 September and will close on 31 October 2016.