We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager, West Central Africa
Job Number: 2751549
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Finance
- The West Central Africa Commercial Finance Manager will provide commercial finance and Financing support to the LCT & Africa Zone business leadership to drive increased visibility into operating performance with the goal of supporting revenue growth and increased profitability of the platform.
- One-on-One Partner with the GM and his/her staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for pricing, preparation of sales plan/monthly estimation of revenue to standard margin,
- Playing a key role in development & execution of structured finance solutions for customers. Ability to interact with financing partners & banks and develop products under the oversight of the Africa CFO and the Global Financing Organisation.
- Defining the overall strategy and vision of West Central Africa through very close cooperation with the LCT GM.
- Proactively recognize standard revenue recognition practices in close cooperation with Controllership, deal escalation, contribution margin walks.
- One-stop Finance Rep towards the GM and external partners – being amongst other things the link to the central FP&A teams.
- Close cooperation with EAGM, Africa zone and local Controllers
- Strong contributor to Africa & EAGM FP&A for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews
- Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the West Central Africa leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Effectively manage, and coordinate the commercial finance activities across the region.
- Provide financial analysis and insight in support of business decision making needs, including evaluation of major risks and opportunities
- Help define the IT platform and requirements to support analysis, improve data visibility and ensure controllership
- Lead cross-functional projects focused on improving rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability, such as Pricing, Warranty Accounting, Inventory
- Ensure Integrity is upheld throughout all processes, policies and practices, by ensuring appropriate communication, training and prioritization of related activities.
- Support the cash initiatives across the Cash / Credit / Risk Manager
- Actively manage distributor performance, specifically on cash, through frequent direct interaction.
- Help manage the GOF relationship by driving better quality input and monitoring and working collaboratively to improve GOF output.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of 15 years of financial and/or Commercial work experience;
- Experience within a commercial bank, trade finance or risk functions; or relevant Sales & Project Finance experience in a multi-national environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Accounting Principles and Controllership /
- Compliance in challenging countries
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Strategic thinking/Able to understand market and financial trends and be able to recommend programs and tools to promote sales and services
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience in presenting to high level management of private and government customers
- Proven Track record of working successfully in a very diverse international and cross-cultural environment, ideally some years of residence / work in one of the larger markets of the region
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Experience of BD / Due Diligence and Risk assessment
- Demonstrated GE values and growth traits
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to
- approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Flexible in traveling in- and outside West Central Africa & the wider EAGM region.
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE’s Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership
- Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs of other companies
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online