If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication for Development Manager
Job Number: 495753
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
- Under the general guidance of the supervisor, and in close coordination with the Communication Officer, responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioural change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
Key Expected Results
Programme communication programme strategy, plan and implementation for behavioural change:
- In collaboration with UNICEF management and decision makers and planners of government, donor organizations and the private sector, the Communication for Development Specialist designs, manages and facilitates the implementation of communication policy, strategy and plans of action aiming job atgeneral public and service providers through: (a.) Behaviour development/change job atindividual/household levels; (b.) Social mobilization of civil society organizations; and (c.) Increased community participation in development programmes for positive social change.
- Makes viable recommendations on operational strategies in the areas of participatory communication, social mobilization and behaviour change and on appropriate materials and media to reach target audiences.
Programme communication materials:
- In collaboration with partners, the Communication for Development Specialist organizes and manages the formative research, development, pre-testing and production of culturally relevant communication materials to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery, including facilitating behaviour change, where necessary.
- Supports the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials.
- Ensures the quality, consistency and appropriateness of communication materials thjob atare developed, produced, and disseminated to local communities, government officials, other partners and the press.
Partnerships for social mobilization:
- Develops partnerships with various religious groups, traditional leaders, teachers, artists and other organized groups in the community, as well as civil society organizations, to orient them on country programme goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the country programme.
- Promotes a better understanding of children’s and women’s issues by assisting in or managing a country level behaviour change and social mobilization strategy supportive of effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Promotes and influences behaviour development/change job at individual/ household levels, social mobilization of civil society organizations and increased community participation in development programmes.
Capacity building support:
- Develops training materials and activities to build capacity in participatory and behaviour change communication for personnel who are involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programme communication intervention, in support of programme sustainability.
Coordination and collaboration with government and partners:
- Coordinates with government counterparts in the development and appropriate use of communication for social development aimed job atboth individual behaviour change and collective action. Provide technical support as required.
- Collaborates with government officials, community leaders, UN, and bilateral agencies and NGOs in the organization of activities, operational research, advocacy and exchange of information and ideas supportive of programme communication goals and strategies.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Monitors and evaluates programme activities on the basis of applied communication research and frequent visits to project sites.
- Analyzes and evaluates data to ensure compliance and achievement of objectives and recommend corrective action, when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives.
- Prepares monitoring and evaluation reports in accordance with the established guidelines, methods and procedures.
- Provides technical advice to programme staff, government officials and other counterparts, and coordinates and manages the evaluative elements of country programme milestone meetings, such as mid-term reviews, strategy meetings, previews and reviews and annual reviews.
- Disseminates communication research findings, ensures exchanges and sharing of experience, lessons learned, best practices, and new methods to government officials, programme staff, and other UNICEF partners.
Budget planning and management of program funds:
- Participates in and contributes to the budget and programme review and planning. Establishes programme work plans, allocation of resources, and monitors progress and compliance.
- Monitors the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure thjob atfunds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Takes appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds. Improves programme efficiency, quality and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University Degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English and a second UN language (IP)
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station (NO).
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Applying technical expertise
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have applied to the 1st round, will also be considered, and do not need to re-apply.