We are seeking to fill Communications Associate post job atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Job Title: Communications Associate
Reference No: 16-0022442
Location: Maiduguri Area Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Area Office, the Communications Associate will provide research and specialised communications services thjob atsupport the creation of content and services aimed job atmaintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Perform specialised communications processes and activities, to support staff in the development, preparation, execution and dissemination of campaigns for target audiences.
- Conduct research, suggest ideas, and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects. Manage the storage and distribution of audio/visual materials in accordance with relevant policies.
- Serve as an information focal point, support and/or coordinate media coverage of events to optimise publicity of WFP’s activities.
- Organise and execute special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, publicised and attended.
- Monitor traditional and social media, and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Under guidance, prepare content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Distribute and promote communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content.
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases, ensuring information is accurate, organised and available for others to access.
- Respond to specialised queries and requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities.
- Implement improvements to communications methods and practices, to contribute to a better flow of information about WFP’s work to the media and stakeholders.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, public health related programmes, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has participated in the capacity building activities.
- Experience in managing partnerships.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of Nutrition specific programmes is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thjob atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.