We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Communication Strategy Development on Household Economy Approach In Nigeria
Duration: The total number of working days available is 15days.
- HEA Sahel Project is a regional project which began since 2010 and currently implemented across 7 countries within the Sahel; Burkina Faso, Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Mali and Nigeria. Implemented through a consortium of implementing partners; Save the Children, OXFAM and ACF. HEA Sahel Project was initiated in Nigeria by Save the Children in 2013, with funding by OFDA but currently by ECHO since October, 2015. HEA Sahel Project has run about 6 Phases and currently in Phase VII.
- The project’s overall goal is to improve resilience of the vulnerable population to shock across the Sahel and improve Regional Early Warning and Response Systems.To better influence early warning systems and response plans, this action (Phase VII) will continue to improve the quality of HEA analysis through the completion of timely and thorough key parameter data collection and accurate Outcome Analysis which feeds in to the national CH analysis.
- In addition to continuing quality improvement, Save the Children will continue to improve coordination and information sharing through: regular WG meetings job at national and regional levels, and enhancing knowledge sharing platforms through the systematic presentation of OA results job at national and regional levels and on the upgraded HEA Sahel website. Save the Children prioritizes advocacy initiatives, to increase key decision maker’s awareness of HEA and developing advocacy tools.
Objective of the Assignment
- The objective of the consultancy would be to develop communication materials for HEA in Nigeria.
- This is basically aimed job at improving the knowledge of HEA in Nigeria among key government and non-government actors, policy makers, partner organizations, donor agencies, individuals and other relevant sectors, creating adequate awareness on the importance of HEA as a decision making tool for both short termed emergency intervention and long term development program and policy changes.
Scope of Work
The development of Communication material would be led by a consultant in close coordination with a communications Person, the HEA Focal Point and FSL TA in Nigeria. The consultant will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- Facilitate sessions with HEA team in Nigeria to identify appropriate information needed to be communicated about HEA’s full capabilities.
- Identify target audience together with the HEA team.
- Identify communication methodology for different target audience.
- Lead the production of communication materials.
- Together with the HEA Focal point facilitate the dissemination of HEA communication materials among target audience.
- 10th to 28th October, 2016 (15days consultancy)
- Draft document to be shared with the team by 20th October, 2016 for review
- Final document to be shared by 28th October, 2016.
- In line with Save the Children’s branding policy, developed informative materials (a brief) on HEA, describing HEA in a non-technical manner, highlighting the full capabilities of the HEA tool for both decision makers, partner Organizations as well as donor agencies
Expertise Required and Prequalification
A team of consultants/individual proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience and competency in conducting similar assignments of a regional/ international magnitude. We expect four to five years working experience in content development for Communication Briefs. Additional experience in development communication and mass communication will be an added advantage;
- Clear articulation of capacity and skill, and innovative approaches to carry out the assignment;
- The organizational/individual competency to deliver the services;
- Clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs
- Availability to start immediately
- The consultant should have job at least a Bachelor Degree in Communications, English Language, Social Sciences or Media studies having ample experiences in content development, graphics design with software’s such as Corel Draw, Photoshop, InDesign and media production; clear understanding of language and writing style frequently used by several International Non-Governmental Organization’s is required
- Demonstrates knowledge of content development for visibility/communication materials particularly for international organizations and certification in digital arts, graphics design etc. is desirable.
- Four to Five years’ experience in Communications for development and content development is essential.
- Experience in writing skills and content development.
- English language skills, both written and verbal are key.
- The consultant will receive a briefing and orientation on Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct, and overall guidelines for ensuring a safe environment in interviewing and engaging children.
- The edited and final copy of the communication brief derived from this assignment is the sole property of Save the Children; However logos of donor and those of implementing partners might be placed on the Front and Back cover.
- The selected consultants name and logo shall only be acknowledged in the closing credits under ‘Production and Post Production by’.
Application Closing Date
Job Application Method
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online