We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant -TB/HIV Referral Coordination
Reports to: The Director, Clinical Services
To continue improving on TB case detection and reducing TB burden among people living with HIV, priority Local Government Areas (LGAs) with a high HIV/TB burden were provided with universal access to HIV Testing Services for presumptive TB cases. The LGAs were also provided with TB Referral Coordinators and TB/HIV Referral Volunteers to facilitate referral and linkages across Anti-retroviral Treatment (ART) and Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) services job atdelivery facilities.
The Consultant – TB/HIV Referral Coordination is to assess the contribution of the TB/HIV referral coordinators and referral volunteers to improved TB/HIV services across all implementing health care facilities in the 32 US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) priority LGAs in Nigeria.
- Determine the level of accomplishment of key deliverables of the Referral coordinators and referral volunteers.
- Assess the level of decrease in the drop-off of patients along the TB/HIV cascade compared to baseline in each of the implementing facilities
- Assess the extent and timeliness of linkage ART from DOTS for TB/HIV co-infected patients
- During the assessment, the consultant is to visit selected implementing facilities in each of the priority LGAs and assess the ongoing implementation of the TB/HIV referral coordination activities in line with the assessment goals and objectives.
The specific tasks to perform include:
- Visit all the implementing sites in each of the priority LGAs with the PEPFAR implementing partner
- Gain access to the facility data and the TB/HIV facility based diagnostic evaluation and treatment line list register in company of the IP with due consent of the facility management to abstract data on the TB/HIV cascade
- Conduct in-depth interviews with selected key facility staff
- Come up with a detailed report of the assessment in close collaboration with the PEPFAR supervising team.
Anticipated Deliverables and Time line:
- Collate findings and draft report of the assessment
- The assessment is to be completed within one month period and draft report submitted within two weeks after assessment.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability to “Associate Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email, e.g.: CONSULTANT – TB/HIV REFERRAL COORDINATION. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
Note: Only applications sent in the required formjob atnot later than of this information will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.