Mercy Corps in Nigeria is implementing a 24 month EC funded project that focuses on adolescent girls but will also target adolescent boys in the course of implementation, through the safe spaces model. The project is implemented in North East Nigeria, and titled “Investing in the Safety and Integrity of Nigerian Girls” (I-SING). The project is being implemented in 3 states namely, Borno State (Southern Borno), Gombe and Adamawa State. The project is targeting a total of 32 communities, in 11 local government areas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Curriculum Development Consultant
Minimum Criteria for Expression of Interest as a Curriculum Development Consultant
The consultant is expected to:
- Demonstrate that s/he has a track record of no less than two (2) years of experience on curriculum development and adaptation within Nigeria.
- The consultant should also list similar projects worked on in the past based on this assignment.
- Good knowledge on the culture and religion in the North East including diversity issues;
- Good interpersonal, administrative and management skills;
- High level of experience in curriculum adaptation especially amongst adolescents both in and out of school
- At least a Master’s Degree in Education or any related field in Social Sciences
- Demonstrated understanding of transferable/life skills education and financial literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing. Hausa language skills preferred
- Expertise in working with very young adolescents, with focus on girls’ education will be an added advantage.
- Proven practical knowledge of relevant legal instruments and policies on children’s issues
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/organization should send a letter of expression of interest and demonstration of capability to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the complete Terms of Reference (TOR).
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents to be submitted.
- Please note that this is neither a Request for Quotation (RFQ) nor a commitment from Mercy Corps to fund any organization that responds by sending an expression of interest.