The University of Oslo is offering a three-year fixed-term position as postdoctoral research fellow Vacancy at Department of Psychology. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The main aims are to disentangle the neurobiological, genetic, psychological and environmental factors contributing to the development of mental illness.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing Postdoctoral Research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the Department of Psychology Vacancy at University of Oslo in Norway.
Scholarship Award: University offers:
- An ambitious and exciting research environment with a strong multidisciplinary profile and excellent opportunities for academic development. NORMENT has excellent access to a state-of-the-art 3T MRI scanner, including facilities for concurrent EEG-fMRI and brain stimulation using tDCS in the scanner, lab facilities for cognitive assessments, and EEG lab with equipment for high-density recordings.
- Salary based on salary level 57-65 (NOK 486 100-567 100), depending on qualifications and experience.
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
The ideal candidate is ambitious and highly motivated for pursuing a career in science, hold a PhD in psychology, neuroimaging, computational or cognitive neuroscience, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, or equivalent, have a strong background and interest in neuroscience, genetics, MRI analysis or biostatistics, and a strong publication record.
Experience with MRI analysis tools, and an interest and expertise in imaging genetics, brain network and connectivity analysis, or multivariate pattern recognition or machine learning techniques is an advantage. Demonstrated proficiency in shell scripting, Matlab, R, python or similar programming languages or software tools is a prerequisite.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The ideal candidate is ambitious and highly motivated for pursuing a career in science, hold a PhD in psychology, neuroimaging, computational or cognitive neuroscience, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, or equivalent.
English language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL– Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS– International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the Ph.D. degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted through the online recruitment system and must include:
- A motivation letter
- CV summarizing education, relevant work experience, awards, grants etc
- A complete list of publications and academic work
- Contact details of 2-3 references
- Up to five published papers thVacancy at applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Copies of educational certificates and letters of recommendation
- International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system
All documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications with documents missing will not be considered further. Original documentation may be requested.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 16-October-2016.