We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head of Department – Food Security And Livelihoods
- To support in the Food Security Livelihoods Head of Department (FSL-HoD) in developing the country strategic direction and focus, technical strategy and fostering innovations for the food security and livelihoods programmatic area in Nigeria
- Provide Support to the FSL-HoD to Consolidate, develop and strengthen ACF’s strategic focus and technical leadership in food security and livelihoods.
- Provide technical support to program development and ensure program quality.
- Represent ACF and its positioning in external coordination, donor, and technical meetings/visits on technical and operational matters.
- Lead programmatic integration and related capacity building.
- Advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in Management, Economics, International Development, Social Sciences (Sociology) , Agricultural Economics, Agriculture and Development.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in food security and livelihoods.
- Experience in Food security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency contexts.
- Clear understanding of child and gender protection issues in the field.
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management.
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with donor communications.
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- Excellent drafting and written skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Prior ACF Experience in a similar position
- CaLP level 2
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications by email to: email@example.com To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Deputy Head Of Department – Food Security And Livelihoods-Abuja”.
- Applications will be processed on “First Come Firt Serve” basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.