We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Manager
- To effectively assess the risk in line with approved underwriting guidelines for purposes of ensuring profitable books.
- Write and study insurance proposals
- Gather and assess background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved
- Compute results for appropriate premiums using actuarial information, other statistics and own judgement
- Visit intermediaries , potential customers and prepare quotes
- Gather information and various types of reports (e.g. medical records) from specialists
- Negotiate terms with policyholders or their brokers
- Ensure that premiums are competitive
- Specify conditions to be imposed on different types of policies
- Negotiate with brokers, clients and draw up contracts
- Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of first Degree/HND (2.1/upper credit) in Actuarial, Insurance or Numerate Sciences
- 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience
- CIIN certification is an strong advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Innovative and creative.
- Confident decision-making skills.
- Numeracy and statistical skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application and updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly state the job title on the subject heading.