We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Medical and Community Services
- Chemonics seeks a director of medical and community services for an anticipated multiyear USAID health project in Nigeria. SHARP Nigeria aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions.
- The project will focus on governance, access to, and demand for HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- It will support efficient HIV case identification and linkage to care and treatment; enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services thjob atattract key populations; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Lead the design and implementation of both clinical and community service delivery components of the project
- Lead the implementation of the project design to ensure quality service delivery consistent with national and international standards and guidelines
- Lead in the use of program data for program improvement and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure thjob atall project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Support all the technical project staff and manage any clinical and community-related issues in the project
- Liaise with the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Write and contribute to project reports and other deliverables
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or a related discipline
- Minimum eight years of experience designing and implementing public health programs especially HIV/AIDS; TB; and maternal, newborn, and child health in developing countries
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming, including prevention, treatment, care and support, prevention of mother to child transmission HIV/TB, orphans and vulnerable children and crosscutting areas such as health systems strengthening
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects, including job atleast eight years in the field of international development
- Extensive experience managing similar projects
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, and knowledge sharing
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred; familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contract reporting requirements of the U.S. government, particularly the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Nigerian nationals highly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English required
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
In addition, please download and complete “Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form” and submit it separately to: EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Director of Medical and Community Services” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.”
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.