We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distributed Controllership Leader SSA
Job Number: 2739653
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Middle East & Africa
- GE Africa’s Controllership Team has oversight of Operational Controllership in the region, across 40+ diverse countries.
- The team is responsible for supporting GE businesses in the region in regional risk assessment and risk mitigation, simplification, talent & people development and above all for regional compliance.
- The GE Africa Controllership Team also owns the regional external audit relationship and the roll-out of Global Controllership initiatives.
The ideal candidate’s specific roles & responsibilities include:
- Support the Global Operations Finance Site Leaders in Sub Sahara Africa & GE Africa Controllership Team by performing Country specific Controllership & Compliance risk assessment.
- Provide Country specific inputs to global and regional risk management programs including scope & timing of Internal Control team reviews and Corporate Audit Staff audits
- Plan and ensure execution of Internal Control team’s monitoring processes to ensure the effectiveness of the Finance & Compliance related controls across GE’s Enterprise Standards and Policies
- Coordinate with process owners to close out remediation actions to close control gaps; this will include discussing and agreeing the remediation actions with the owners and following up to ensure timely closure of the issues.
- Prepare reports and other deliverables from the monitoring processes for the GE Africa, Country and Regional Leadership.
- Support Enterprise Standards Leaders and other process owners to implement and monitor remediation actions.
- Identify and implement Simplification opportunities in Finance processes & controls.
- Execute and report on compliance investigations, where required
- Participate in projects and/or regular tollgate reviews with the various SSA project teams where key Controllership projects are in place.
- Participate in transition process of the “outlier” legal or management entities into having rigorous processes and controls (especially important for recently acquired entities)
- Report progress on projects and provide inputs into key Controllership dashboards for presentation to GE Africa Leadership
- Coach and monitor deliverables of team members to ensure output is of the right quality and knowledge is transferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Qualified/Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferably with strong controls, audit & accounting technical knowledge from a Professional audit firm or Internal Audit Function
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in Audit, Controllership, or Internal audit function
- Experience with identifying sub-optimized controls & process and identifying & implementing process improvements
- Experience with working in multicultural teams and executing projects (planning, coordination, communication with senior leaders, etc.)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Knowledge of Country’s key regulatory requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing Skills – Ability to influence across businesses, functions, cadres and cultures
- Experience leading teams.
- Motivated self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- Exhibit agility and resilience
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Demonstrate clear and critical thinking
- Individual who could thrive within a matrix organization and manage ambiguities to define & deliver clear objectives.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online