Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Driver
- Incumbent provides reliable and secure driving services to the project team
- Ensures proper use of vehicle and ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Transports program items with due regard to time schedules.
- Assist passengers to load and unload baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Maintain assigned office vehicle. checks oils, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that vehicles are kept clean
- Takes suitable precautions, for the security of vehicle and its contents when left unattended.
- Ensures that vehicle is properly kept (in the garage or on the secured car park) during non-working hours
- Ensures that all rules, regulations and local requirements are adhered to
- Projects a professional company image through interaction, appearance and attitude
- Performs other related duties as required.
- WASC / GCE “O” Level certificate
- Valid Driver’s license
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Experience in driving various makes of cars and transmission type an asset.
- Ability to read and understand the essential meaning of a wide variety of written material including program guidelines, manuals and instructions;
- Knowledge of security issues, vehicle safety and control Systems.
- Ability to prepare internal notes and complete necessary forms;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Must satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if required)
- Ability to write and communicate in English
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 31st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
- The subject of the email “MUST” be the Position Title and Location applied for.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.