We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Biu – Borno
General Position Summary
- The Driver will work within Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte operational support structure which is committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
- The driver will provide safe, transport services for Humanitarian program and support staff in relations to Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte activities.
- The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte safety rules and transport guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte Humanitarian program vehicle as assigned by supervisor in a safe and secure manner.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations and report to the Operations Officer Job Vacancy atthe end of the month.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to Operations Officer;
- Adhere to Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte safety and communication protocols as advised by Operations Officer;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use Job Vacancy atall times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Adherence to Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte policies and procedures as outlined in the policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and application of all safety and traffic rules.
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
- A clear understanding of driver ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps policies and procedures is essential. A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all dealings is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.