We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EHS Manager
Requisition Number: 16-0530
Location: Port Harcourt
- The role is responsible for driving local EHS policies implementation and providing necessary EHS support to operations teams in country. The position as well is responsible for guiding and managing a team of field EHS specialists and advisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the local in-country implementation of GE/Granite EHS policies and procedures.
- Drives the local in-country implementation of Granite’s OHSAS 18001 Management System and provides feedback on opportunities for improvement.
- Promotes EHS programs, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and GE best practices.
- Drive risk reduction projects by identifying, prioritizing, and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Interacts with Field Engineers, Granite Employees & subcontractor to promote safety programs, accident prevention.
- Conducts thorough Incident/Accident investigation, prepares Root Cause Analysis and lessons learned for circulation.
- Provides technical leadership for job safety risk assessments (SRA) and job Hazard analysis, and prepares and updates them when necessary.
- Assists in developing EHS training materials related to country EHS regulation.
- Conducts EHS level 2 Audit to various sites within country (ies) and reports findings.
- Maintains updated EHS records and reports in the filing system and online EHS databases.
- Cascades and promotes implementation of Global EHS directives, initiatives and agendas to site level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required EHS Leadership and managerial competence preferably within a power plant, Oil & Gas, and Petrochemical construction, commissioning & maintenance environment.
- Previous working experience in Middle East is essential and preferably within Saudi Arabia.
- Good working experience and knowledge of international HSE standards, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, UK/US Health & Safety standards, legislations and local regulations and display a practical approach to interpreting them into a practical application in country.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and recommend controls for workplace hazards, as well as work related injury and illness case management.
- Proven experience in conducting internal EHS audits.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster a compliant / safety-first culture in the workplace.
- Demonstrated competence in the preparation of Risk Assessment and Job Hazards Analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various EHS principles and requirements as a minimum for Scaffolding, Lifting operations, Lock/out Tag/out, Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, and Vehicle Safety.
- An understanding of EHS principles for pneumatic tools safety, material handling and storage, and ergonomics is also preferable.
- Familiar with or knowledgeable of basic security principles and applications for site operations such as site access control and employees’ safety & security and assets protection.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good computer skills and proven ability to learn new applications.
- Up to 50% travel required, domestic and international.
Education and/or Experience
- University Degree (BSc.) in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Occupational Health / Safety.
- Or the equivalent to BSc. in EHS training and experience of at least 5 years.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent recognized professional EHS qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years of total EHS experience out of which at least 3-4 years of experience in an EHS lead or managerial position.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online