We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier/Collection Officer
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Assist customers with related concerns.
- Carry out collection audit via telephone or physical visit and solicit for payment.
- Keep regular update of financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Locate and monitor due and past due payments.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due.
- Carry out the necessary administrative functions for all accounts such as recording change of address and deleting the records of customers where necessary.
- Sort and file documents and perform other clerical duties, such as answering mails, messages or calls and writing reports.
- Initiate necessary proceedings when customers fail to respond to collection attempts.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum qualification of an OND
- Ability to persuade and negotiate
- Ability to communicate excellently in writing and verbally.
- Ability to maintain composure by controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Ability to fulfil obligations, being reliable and dependable.
- Ability to develop one’s own ways of doing things, being able to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Ability to provide quality standard of service to customers.
- Attention to detail- applicant must be thorough in completing work tasks.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Applicant must be streetwise.
- Applicant must be honest and ethical.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with title of Application as “Collection Officer Job”