We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The Field Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of support services – Logistics, Security, Finance and Human Resources/administration.
- S/he will support the AOM in ensuring timely delivery of quality projects, currently across all sectors: Child Protection, Health, including WASH and Education; as well as maintains effective relationships with all other key players in the area (NGO, UN, and governmental) to ensure effective coordination of activities and ability to implement.
- In coordination with other senior staff S/he will support the AOM in ensuring the safety of staff and security of staff and operations in the field site.
- S/he is responsible for, human resources management and management of SC facilities and assets in the locality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SCmandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- ECHO and/or DFID programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Fluent in Hausa
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualied candidates should:
Click here to apply online