We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant – STEER Project
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
- The Finance Assistant has oversight responsibility to manage the receipts and disbursement of funds, posting of approved invoices and payment vouchers into the GLACOS systems and ensuring accurate financial records in accordance with SCI financial policies and procedure.
- He/she will provide support to the finance unit.
- Ensure proper supporting documentation and authorization before writing of payment vouchers in line with SCI financial procedures
- Writing of Cheques/transfers as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, remit taxes, collect office running cash, submit transfer instructions etc….)
- Ensure weekly and month end cash counts are carried out
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Cash Reconciliation GLACOS for STEER
- Maintain petty cash
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Manager for cash replenishment (including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Posting approved invoices in the GLACOS
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Part 1 of Recognized Professional Accounting Body (viz. ICAN, ACCA, CIMA) or its equivalent;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online