IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri, implementing WASH projects, Protection projects and also involved in building capacity of local health systems in communities to improve the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
IMC is therefore looking for suitable candidates to fill the position below to be based in its country office in Abuja
Job Title: Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager (FM) will report directly to the Finance and Administration Director (FAD) and will manage field office finance officers.
- In collaboration with FAD, he/she will provide technical supports to logistics and program team members on finance and compliance in line with IMC policy and procedures.
- He/she will be responsible for financial data entry and reporting for review of FAD.
Specific Duties Responsibilities
- Financial Management and Compliance
- Perform initial review of financial transactions and documents presented by other departments and ensure thJob Vacancy atthe documents are complete and in compliance with IMC policy. Financial reviews will include but not limited to ensuring thJob Vacancy atrequired preapprovals are obtained in advance
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atall documentation supporting payments to third parties are adequate and in compliance with IMC and donor regulations
- Financial Data Entry into Cost Point
- Ensure prompt financial data entry into cost point for the country program
- Perform regular reviews of the GL entries using cost point data
- Sub-Award Management
- Support FAD in sub-award management and build capacity of all FOs on best practices of sub-award management. This include ensuring thJob Vacancy atall financial reports and supporting documentations submitted to IMC by sub-award recipients are accurate and received in timely manner and in line with sub-award agreement terms and conditions
- Periodic Financial Reporting Including Bank and Cash Management
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to FAD for review on or before the in-country timelines
- Bank and Cash management which includes promoting cashless operations in line with donor, local laws and IMC policy and procedures
- In coordination with FAD and with our local bankers, ensure thJob Vacancy atcurrency conversions are supported with adequate reference documents, including ensuring comparative analysis with other agencies
- Supports the project leads in timely cash request for project activities
- Support timely remittance of statutory payments to appropriate government agencies
- Ensure cash are available in-country Job Vacancy atthe right place (field offices) and Job Vacancy atthe right time
- Ensure cash balances are reasonable (not too high and not too low) in-country
- Document Retention
- Manage document filing system and scanning on “Share file”
- Ensure effective document retention system is in place for all transactions in original hard copies in line with IMC policy
- Ensure all evidences of other important documents such as original copies of third party contracts, periodic assets listings and inventory reports, amortization reports of prepayments such as insurance premiums, rent etc and kept both in soft and hard copies for easy reference
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance, or professional accounting qualification
- Minimum of 3 years NGO experience in a structured institution
- Sound knowledge of donor regulations such as USAID, ECHO, WFP
- Strong computer skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially excel)
- Experience in using accounting software for financial data entry, analysis and reporting
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams
- Prior experience in humanitarian/ emergency response programs not mandatory but will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and Curriculum Vitae in a single Microsoft Word Document to the Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position thJob Vacancy atthey are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.