Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa – Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started on August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross river and Ebonyi states. The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities. LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of “mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS on children and Households” The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Position type: Full-time
Report: Director Admin and Finance
Terms of Reference
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Admin, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Conduct general financial analysis of reports obtained from Finance and various departments such as Operations, Transport, Human Resources, Field Offices and Other Sources, present and communicate findings to Management.
- Monitor monthly Spending of project fund against budget and obligations
- Design templates for various reports and develop formats to present information to SLT.
- Monthly Review and consolidation of Quickbooks and other reports from field offices in order to present single project account for management information
- Track financial status by monitoring variances in-line with existing plan.
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, variance tables and other information as may be required by the Management.
- Monitor on monthly basis Expenditures against Work-plan Budget and Obligation for all projects.
- Analyze reports: Vehicle fuel consumption, Generator Fuel consumption, Staff Advances, Procurement and logistic operations using designed tools and advise management on same
- Develop new and effective techniques for financial reporting to help management in planning and decision making.
- Keeping tabs of the latest trends and techniques in the field of Financial Management analysis.
- Assist in Budget preparation
- Develop a strong database for asset and inventory tracking
- Assist in building the capacity of CSO finance officer in Quickbooks and other accounting software
- Ensure accurate postings of expenditure into the Quickbooks by providing necessary support to the Finance Officers
- Tracking monthly workplan performance
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or Management Science.
- Possession of higher Degree or/and Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Should possess a minimum of Five (5) years of full-time work experience in the same field preferably in Non for Profit Organization.
- Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles, and procedures is essential
- Must possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality as a result of the information in his/her possession.
- Reasonable ability to utilize current word processing, excel spreadsheet, database and e-mail
- Knowledge of program analysis and evaluation
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates