Job Title: Financial Controller
- Successful candidate will be involved in long-term business planning, data analysis, budget control, revenue assurance, stress testing and reporting on financial performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning and forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Managing relationships with banks and negotiations, fund raising and dealing internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for integrity of General ledger
- Implementing procedures according to Corporate policies and procedures
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
- Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
- Statutory reporting and year end duties
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
- Preparation of overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
- Treasury management and monitoring
- Producing multi-dimensional reports for Management decision
- Ensuring that all costs are properly tracked and that OPEX and CAPEX are within budget
- Preparing and implementing budgets for the entire Company
- Ensuring profitable margins on products are achieved and maintained.
- Demonstrating cost cutting initiatives aiming at providing best solution at lower cost
- Developing and implementing effective controls framework and management systems to guide and support business operations
- Liaising with both external and internal auditors
- Planning and managing the material ordering process and ensure constant availability
- Ensuring monthly general ledger entries CAPEX and OPEX accruals and provisions are raised
- Preparing Monthly Management accounts
- Develop analytical tools to evaluate business proposals and identify best decisions
- Involvement in day-to-day management team management
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Goal oriented, needs to be focused and achieve targets
- Self starter and team Player
- Resource Management
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Presentation skills
- Leadership, Supervision and Coaching skills
- Detail oriented and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management and team player.
- Self Starter and ability to work independently
- Negotiation skill
- Strong financial and control management
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, pressurized work environment
- Ability to innovate, prioritize and implement effectively
- Highly proficient and versatile in the use of technology and accounting software
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Masters degree will be beneficial
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAN)
- Minimum of 5 Years relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Financial services or technology company experience will be beneficial
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as subject of the mail.