We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Foreman, Heavy Equipment
Ref No: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-042
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the heavy equipment superintendent by coordinating and receiving work assigned for maintenance services
- Monitor activities of subordinate staff in the section;
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance and safety inspection for equipment and trucks with the assistance of Heavy Equipment Superintendent;
- Keep down time very low by constant inspection of equipment, diagnose and repair of mechanical defects/failures in various heavy/earth moving equipment including diesel and petrol powered trucks and other mechanical equipment used in utility work;
- Assist in spot checking equipment for optimum performance and make necessary repairs to equipment prior to use and ensure adequate availability of these equipment;
- Assist in keeping complete records for equipment and spare part in stock for repairing purposes;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering with Job Vacancy atleast Three (3) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must;
- Be experienced in repairs/overhauling and maintenance of all kinds of earth moving equipment, heavy duty trucks, generators and tractors.
- Have good team working and communication skills
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior Job Vacancy athis/her present or former place of work).
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.