The various post holders are required to demonstrate: Initiative, Energy, Persistence, Result orientation, Drive, Integrity, Enthusiasm and Commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization and Marketing Officer
Location: Gombe, Nigeria
Reporting to: Regional Manager (North East)
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
- Activities with agreed target groups thJob Vacancy atresult in them using MSION strategic services (O/R, SF, SM, clinic)
- Reflection and reporting on impact of CMMO activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups:
- Using the geographical boundaries develop a clear list of potential target groups by segment, identifying issues thJob Vacancy ataffect community to access, utilization and uptake of RH, long acting contraception and family planning services
- Identify promotion partners (eg SF owners)
- Document a database of contacts and interests to track input
- Make choices on whom to target when, why and how
- Establish and maintain relationships with the media and other networks
- List local leaders (Govt, non-government, religious etc)
Activities with agreed target groups thJob Vacancy atresult in them using MSION strategic services (Outreach, Social Franchise, Social Marketing, Clinic):
- Monthly activity plans developed and shared
- Selection, mentoring, coaching, training and management of community volunteers
- Systematic meetings with key groups (advertising, promotional meetings, door to door etc)
- Development and disbursement of information along agreed lines appropriate to the segment
- Meetings to deliver training
- Brand promotion
Reflection and reporting on impact of community mobilisation activities and to management with recommendations on service provision:
- Routine monitoring and reporting of all activities and their impact
- Client satisfaction surveys
- Meetings with service providers to report feedback
- Recommendations to management and colleagues on adjustments needed to services
- Identification and documentation of case studies
- First degree in any discipline.
- Must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation
- Computer literate is an advantage
- Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
- Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyse
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Essential to this work is demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
- Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women
- Networking skills are essential
- Experience in managing volunteers an advantage
- Strong organizational abilities thJob Vacancy atenable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
- Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services thJob Vacancy atMSION offers in a way thJob Vacancy at attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.