A career job atRusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Creative Designer
Job Reference Code: RS-SMD-004
Job Type: Contractor
Summary of Functions
- Monitor and ensure compliance with RusselSmith’s brand standards on all RusselSmith branded material and internal and external communication. This includes manuals, procedures, stationery, email signatures, project reports, presentations, proposals, clothing items, gift items, event stands and banners.
- Plan, promote and execute activities and strategies to establish and maintain a positive presence for the RusselSmith brand.
- Maintain and improve the RusselSmith Brand Manual
- Create awareness about RusselSmith’s brand value and guidelines within the Organization
- Design templates for proposals, brochures, identity cards, business cards using creative, innovative, and unique concepts and approaches.
- Prepare audio-visual content for internal and external use.
- Scriptwriting and storyboarding of materials for digital marketing and other uses.
- Organize and manage multimedia content and display equipment.
- Plan, execute and monitor brand marketing campaigns aimed job at promoting and strengthening the positive perception of the RusselSmith brand
- Monitor and provide reports on the performance of campaigns and other brand management activities
- Meet and exceed customer service expectations as outlined in the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the availability of professionally-done and attractive literature, promotional materials and publications for products and services which meet RusselSmith’s brand standards.
- Liaise with external agencies for brand management activities and also liaise with other units within RusselSmith to prepare external communication such as press releases and organize promotional activities.
- Interact with functional units within the Company and suppliers of design, pre-press, print and materials services to ensure thjob at assigned projects are executed on time in accordance with company quality standards.
- Ensure high quality of design, photography, pre-press and printing output job at all times, and process approval of all pre-press proofs.
- Update Company project activity reports and liaise with other units to update RusselSmith’s website(s), intranet and social media accounts, etc., as requested by Management based on customer requirements or Department schedules.
- Generate brand marketing ideas/concepts for new and existing services, packaging designs, including shapes, sizes, colours, fonts and imagery.
- Coordinate the production of digital adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, gift and promotional items, onboarding packs, exhibition stands, road shows, and other items as required.
- Launch and oversee advertising and media planning of company services
- Coordinate the activities of designers and brand experts involved in the positioning of the company’s services/products
- Departmental Reports – Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc reports and presentations.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative and brand management support to all departments.
- Perform other duties as required or as assigned.
Years of Experience
- A good first Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Advertising is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.), Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good team spirit and project management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Good relational skills.
- Advanced and strategic thinking skills.
- Self-starter, proactive and innovative.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator and copiers.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work job ata computer monitor and/or calculator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online