JDF is about to start the implementation of an integrated community case management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea (iCCM) in partnership with Christian Aid and funding from DFID/UKAid subject to signing of contract agreement. In view of this, the organization is requesting applications from only qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The role is responsible for financial record keeping and general banking of project funds in JDF office. Monthly accounts and returns are produced in a timely manner; reports are extracted from the financial and administration systems to review the status of the budget and the adherence to financial policies.
- The role will ensure thJob Vacancy atfinancial reports are of high standard, in the right formJob Vacancy atand timely, policies and procedure are strictly adhered in all procurement.
- The role will ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of community based volunteers’ capacity development and training.
- The role will maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders through positive communication.
- Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Knowledge of financial standards required by donors, local financial standards and legal framework
- Experience in working with financial accounting procedures and reviewing financial reports, creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations.
- Considerable experience in delivering financial training using different methodologies.
- Experience in using Excel spread sheet and word processing packages and other account reporting tools.
- 1-2 years working experience in similar post for a local NGO or an INGO
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements.
- Experience in dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
- Experience in using computerised financial reporting tools.
- Qualified Accountant- professional certification
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: email@example.com stating the position as subject of the mail.