We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria
Key Areas of Accountability
- Have essential knowledge of Finance and Accounting. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and have strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Finance policies and procedures, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Coordinate with the Line manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies and donor requirements.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/formJob Vacancy atfor receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to CO Abuja
- Help ensure thJob Vacancy attimely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring thJob Vacancy atbank account records are accurately maintained, and thJob Vacancy atbank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & Donor requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC & Donor policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non finance staff.
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure thJob Vacancy atall financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts / Business Administration
- Knowledge and experience in working with USAID regulations
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly Job Vacancy atcommunity level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak Job Vacancy atleast one local language predominant in thJob Vacancy atstate.
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactivehealth service improvement is essential.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online