We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee (Farm Manager)
- Farm managers are responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of a farm
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against
- Budget parameters.
- Practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery,
- Feeding livestock, spraying fields, etc.
- Marketing the farm’s products.
- Buying supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops.
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans.
- Making sure products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets.
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
- Keeping financial records up to date.
- Knowledge of food production.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Larger-scale business awareness.
- Marketing skills.
- genuine commitment to farming.
- IT skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Agricultural Engineering, Crop Management, Farm Business Management, Horticulture, Land/Estate Management.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com