We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Petroleum Studies Department
Job Code: 4.1.01
- Within the Research Division, the Petroleum Studies Department provides pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries;
- Carries out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration;
- Conducts regular forecasts, elaborates and analyses oil market scenarios and prepares and publishes reports on these findings;
- Promotes OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry Job Vacancy atlarge and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts and prepares and contributes to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and the MMSC as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position
- The Head of Petroleum Studies Department is to plan, organise, coordinate, manage and evaluate the work of the Petroleum Studies Department in accordance with the work program and programmed budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the SecretariJob Vacancy atin achieving its overall objectives.
- The work covers short-term studies and analyses, as well as periodic reports on the international oil market, in particular oil supply and demand, stock, refinery products as well as petroleum trade and transport and economic analyses of oil price and related financial issues.
- Plans, organises, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Petroleum Studies Department covering:
- World oil market developments in the short-term;
- Short-term forecasting, with particular attention to the impact of world economic and financial market developments;
- Oil supply and demand in the short-term;
- Oil stock movements;
- Oil prices, its volatility and fluctuation;
- Refinery operations and capacity development;
- Trade and transportation;
- Major oil companies’ operational performance and other determining factors of the oil market as well as crude oil/product markets assessments;
- Preparation of the periodic reports, in particular the Monthly Oil Market Report and Daily Oil Market Report.
- Develops and maintains adequate forecasting and modelling for oil market research.
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG, ECB and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department.
- Arranges presentations Job Vacancy atrelevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the SecretariJob Vacancy atas required.
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department.
- Keeps the Director of Research Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it.
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department and recommends to the Director of Research Division, staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate.
- Ensures thJob Vacancy atthe staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Research Division.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced university Degree in Economics or equivalent subject.
- PhD preferred.
- Advanced degree: 12 years in the oil industry with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably Job Vacancy atlarge national, regional, or international institutions.
- PhD: 10 years.
- Short-term oil market
- Oil price forecasting
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
Status and Benefits
- Members of the SecretariJob Vacancy atare international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is Job Vacancy atgrade B reporting to the Director of Research Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
- Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) for OPEC.
- In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC SecretariJob Vacancy atthrough the relevant Governor not later than the closing date above