MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Procurement & Logistics
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Country Director
Duration: Two (2) Years (Renewable)
Probation Period: Six (6) Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Head Procurement & Logistics will provide strategic leadership for the team responsible for Procurement and Logistics Planning & Support, Contracting, Negotiation, Liaison & Sourcing, Stakeholder Management and Performance and Inventory and Assets Management.
The specific roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide overall Strategic direction and leadership on Procurement & Logistics operations
- Lead, guide and supervise MSION’s Administrative functions teams in the day to day departmental activities across the Procurement, Inventory, Logistics and Asset Management (PILAM) units.
- Execute the PILAM Units’ Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant Institutional policies.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to MSION’s Management and related stakeholder on Procurement & Logistics Operations,
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atMSION Procurement, Logistics and Inventory plans are in place and effectively implemented.
- Support MSION’s management in establishing strong controls and best practices in the PILAM functions
- Lead the PILAM units in planning and forecasting processes towards creating procedural guidelines to aid continuity and proactive service delivery
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atthe MSION Procurement & Logistics operations are in compliance with the relevant Policies and Guidelines.
- Implement Procurement & Logistics strategies to maintain security of supply chain and logistics performance.
- Ensure performance of all procurement, logistics and inventory outsourced contracts.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atMSION has an optimal performing base of suppliers to effectively support the operations of the P&L function.
- Effectively manage the performance of the staff in the PILAM Units
- Ensure the continuous professional training for P&L to eliminated capacity gaps for the PILAM Units
- Report to Management and interface with the MSI Global P&L Team and other relevant stakeholder the performance of the PILAM Units
- Lead P&L performance audits and other Regional Operational activities on P&L Functions.
- At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with PILAM functions.
Education, Qualification and Training
- A full Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Procurement-Purchasing & Logistics) or other closely related Social Science or business management discipline
- A full professional Qualification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management with any of the reputable Global Professional bodies for Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Essential: Specific and related training in Inventory, Logistics/Fleet, Purchasing and Procurement.
- Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
- Demonstrate to have undertaken trainings in Procurement, Logistics and Supply-Chain Management.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of ten (10) year’s full-time professional-level experience involving the acquisition of medical supplies, equipment, commodities, or services involving a competitive bidding and negotiation process – Essential
- NGO experience with USAID, EC, World Bank and DFID compliance knowledge will be required – Essential
- Experience working on international procurement transactions;
- Experience with direct supervision of personnel.
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience in a health/medical or NGO organizations; experience in working in donor funded programmes.
Technical knowledge or skills:
- Procurement Process, Fleet and Logistics E-System, INCOTERMS, IT knowledge ERP packages (Tally),
- MS Office programs, Essential:
- People Management Skills – Essential
- Desirable: Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
- Performance and Results Oriented,
- Effective Communication and Negotiation Skills, Analytical,
- Customer/Client and Relationship Management,
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Proven analytical skills and financial acumen
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change;
- A flexible working attitude, proven ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to prioritise effectively
- To have excellent initiative and the aptitude to work independently as required
- Resourceful and creative team player
- Procurement Knowledge,
- Respect & Integrity,
- Emotional Resourcefulness,
- Ability to Learn, Relearn & Unlearn,
- Forward Thinking,
- Analytical Thinking,
- Conceptual Thinking,
- Results Orientation,
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.