We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Administrative Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50050491
The Hiring Complex:
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies thjob atenhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- The complex ensures thjob atall Human Resources and Corporate Services are re-aligned to drive greater corporate performance and execution of the Bank’s strategic vision and priorities.
- The complex is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division:
- The HR Administration section is part of the Shared Services Division (CHRM.2) in the Human Resources Management Department (CHRM). Within the framework of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and policies in use in the Bank, this section prepares all HR administrative processes related to staff including holders of special contract employment contracts, staff internal mobility and separation.
- The post holder ensures full compliance with the Bank’s control and reporting procedures addressing current and anticipated issues, resolving them to improve services to clients; analyze processes, procedures and tools, and identify efficiency improvement opportunities, and propose and participate in the design and the introduction of improvement programmes in order to enhance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Manager CHRM.2 who defines the scope of responsibilities, objectives, priorities and deadlines in line with business requirements, the HR Administrative Officer’s main duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare HR Administration documents relating to regular and short term staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, Project Staff and others. These documents include new staff appointment contracts, and contract renewals, staff promotions and any other work related to contract processing;
- Designing templates and letters for staff separation, staff assumption of duty, transfers, promotions, contract renewals, confirmations, leave without pay and staff testimonials;
- Coordinate the process of reference checks for employees to verify a range of candidate information, including employment history, academic qualifications and security checks;
- Ensure in liaison with the records section thjob atelectronic and hard copy personnel files are up-to-date;
- In liaison with management, appoint HR Administration service providers, such as catering service providers, reference checking agency etc. in accordance with the Bank’s procurement rules;
- Coordinate the administration of assumption of duty of Bank staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, and Project Staff and also the administration of assumption of Staff transfers/Staff movements including Promotions, employment terminations;
- Undertake administration of staff dependents for new hires and update / changes by staff.
- Analyze any trends related to the administration of contracts and movement of staff including Technical Assistants, Secondees and Project staff, and present the related reports to management;
- Identify areas requiring automation and improvement of HR Administration processes, procedures and forms in view of optimizing the efficiency and reliability of the unit and recommend improvements in processes and documents in other areas impacting the efficiency and reliability of the HR administration;
- Monitor staff probation periods and process staff confirmation;
- Undertake the maintenance of the contract renewals/probationary periods in Bank HRIS systems;
- Ensure thjob atall related payments for staff interviews and on-boarding are processed. This includes payment of freelance interpretation services, catering and hotel costs for candidates and panel members, air tickets for new hires, costs related to video conferencing during interviews etc;
- Undertake the preparation of testimonial letters relating to queries from external parties, Bank account opening and other testimonial letters as the need arises;
- Work with Client Services teams, HR Benefits; HR Payroll; HR Master Data & HR Employee Help Desk in problem resolution and treatment of queries from employees.
- Collaborate with legal officers and units which provide support, advice and assistance in HR decisions related to Contract administration, Separations and ethical issues including the Staff Council, Ombudsman, Ethics Office and Staff Appeal Committee.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff, peers, HR Business partners and managers on matters related to the application of the Staff rules and regulations, Bank policies and procedures, HR administrative issues and Staff Contract administration (Renewal of contracts, Separation, Suspension….)
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Information Technology, Auditing/Accounting, Law or other related disciplines;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant practical working experience in a high volume administration department;
- A relevant and practical experience in Human Resources Management, Staff and Legal counselling will be an asset;
- A highly customer focused individual is sought;
- Proactive, solution oriented individual, keen to resolve challenges through innovation;
- Ability to implement continual improvement activities to processes, with a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under a pressured environment;
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary multicultural team;
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and other team members;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Suit applications such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- Preferably experience of SAP or other integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in HR/ administration or others such as Financial (FI) modules.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of Master’s degree or its equivalent will be considered.
- The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate job ata lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.