We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Inspector
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotational
- The HSE Inspector will report on permanent basis to the HSE Supervisor. The role will also have functional reporting line to the HSE Superintendent and HSE Manager.
- Be based Job Vacancy atConstruction yard in Various locations in Lagos, the Service holder will have responsibility to monitor the implementation of Company HSE Project HSE requirements and the HSE Project procedures.
- HSE and Security is given the first priority throughout all phases of the FPSO and thJob Vacancy atcorresponding requirements are properly implemented by all involved
The SERVICE holder is directly responsible to:
- Ensuring Job Vacancy atleast 90% availability on site, patrolling to identify unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Ensuring thJob Vacancy athazards in workplace are properly identified and corrected immediately where possible, or reported to Company and Contractor management.
- Ensuring thJob Vacancy atall activities carried out on site are duly approved by Contractor’s PTW system and an approved Work Order is issued.
- Ensuring thJob Vacancy atJSA is conducted for all critical activities and thJob Vacancy atthe hazard control measures are in place before commencement of work.
- As may be required, participate in Risk Assessment reviews. PTW administration, site tours or any other Contractor HSE supervision function.
- Perform HSE inspection of work sites and issue daily report to Company through the HSE Supervisor.
- Stop every activity thJob Vacancy atcan lead to an incident or injury of personnel and ensure thJob Vacancy atthe risk is controlled before work resumes.
- Closely follow up with the implementation of HSE procedures on construction sites of contractors and subcontractors.
- Participate in daily toolbox meetings with the contractor’s HSE supervisors on site.
- Advise Company HSE Supervisor on resources and materials required for adequate coverage of HSE supervision of site.
- Monitor the implementation and close-out of HSE actions from anomaly reports, inspection and audits of contractor and subcontractor sites assigned.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atcontractors and sub-contractors comply with all the relevant HSE requirements as per Contractor’s HSE procedures, Company HSE expectations and other relevant international regulations and standards.
- When designated, participate in incident investigations and ensure thJob Vacancy atrelevant information is obtained from sources.
The SERVICE holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible for:
- Frequent site visit and workshop around sites when required.
- Assist in the full implementation of approved Project HSE Plan and contractual HSE requirements in all activities of the Package by company team, contractor and subcontractors.
- Assist HSE Supervisor on safety and security awareness and promotion of best practices with adequate emphasis on COMPANY Golden Rules.
- Degree in Engineering or Safety Related Certification.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities. Experience in shipyard recommended.
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques, SERVICE safety analysis.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate well Job Vacancy atall levels within the Company.
- Geographical mobility.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online