We are seeking to fill Human Resources Associate posts Job Vacancy atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office (1 post) and Abuja Country Office (1 post). If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Job Title: Human Resources Associate
Reference No: 16-0022447
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office and Abuja Country Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the HR Officer Officer, the HR Associate will deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure thJob Vacancy atclients are well-informed and thJob Vacancy atHR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure thJob Vacancy atrelevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has gained experience of WFP HR Services operating standards across a range of international humanitarian contexts.
- Has provided training to new staff members within area of expertise and supported with ad-hoc queries.
- Has prepared a range or reports and visual materials on the workforce composition.
- Has interpreted and applied detailed knowledge of HR policies, operational processes, best practices and regulations within a complex organisational context.
- Has coordinated recruitments demonstrating in-depth knowledege of talent acquisition solutions.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thJob Vacancy atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.