WFP is seeking individuals with experience working in culturally sensitive, remote, and complex environments, to fill the position below Job Vacancy atthe P4 level, based in Abuja, Nigeria:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Deputy Country Director or the designate the Human Resouces Officer, P4 will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Participate in the design of country/regional/functional plans and processes, and lead the planning and implementation of HR operational activities or projects to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals.
- Partner effectively with senior managers to understand their priorities, and provide advice and solutions on all aspects of human resources, as well as on strategic and policy issues.
- Lead the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, determining conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Plan and monitor capability building, partnering with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and designing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Lead and update the onboarding process, to ensure new staff have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Build and manage talent within WFP, understanding business needs and designing and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Plan and deliver organizational design activities thJob Vacancy atenable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Lead and motivate a team of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Oversee compliant data integrity; consolidate and analyse data, identifying trends/potential issues, presenting recommendations and influencing managers to tackle complex problems.
- Maintain and share knowledge of external industry developments, and where appropriate amend/design new HR policies, procedures and systems in order to drive a culture of improvement and support WFP effectively.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Eight (8) years or more (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Significant experience of managing large teams of staff with somewhJob Vacancy atvaried areas of expertise.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes and specialised knowledge in a specific area.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a large team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate with the wide range of key stakeholders and adapt communication style to different situations.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Business acumen and commercial understanding.
- Project management skills.
- Strong initiative-taker and demonstrated ability to take independent decisions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to design develop, manage and implement HR policies, procedures and new programmes.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year and eligible for the Rest and Recuperation (R&R) scheme.
- He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan, and medical insurance. For more details please visit: icsc.un.org
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Qualified African national and female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.