In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking the services of:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Reports to: the Logistics Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
- Identifies ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions.
- Maintain an accurate asset management system and documentation job atCountry office level
- Adheres to NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Will also be Roving and providing NRC with internet setup in new bases.
- Will be providing other bases with ICT Support.
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) job atcountry level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- At least 2 years’ experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented experience in related to network management
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or related degree
- Professional qualification in Networking, Programming
- Masters will be an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of Nigeria context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 2 month with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Application Closing Date How to Apply
7th October, 2016.
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position (ICT Officer – Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
How to Apply
- Please notice thjob atonly shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.