We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: ICT Technician
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in the realization of large computer and telecommunication infrastructure
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in assuming the main responsibilities of the ICT department in the delegation
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom infrastructure of all ICRC offices in Nigeria, being responsible for the physical infrastructure of Abuja main delegation.
- Acts as the regional Telecom specialist offering technical support on radio & Wi-Fi, satellite, telephony and power supply to other delegations
- Knows and follows procedures related to IT inventory and movements of ICT materials and reports every change to the 1st Level Help Desk (or substitute)
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexions and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures
- Always projects a positive and service oriented image of the IT department (externally and internally).
- Offers coaching and support to other junior ICT staff
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Expert level knowledge of VHF and HF Radio, satellite communication and computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Capable of assessing situation in the field from a distance and initiate necessary actions
- Ability to interpret any situation with accuracy and to present a synthesis of a problematic situation to a collaborator
- Willingness of self-education in ICT related fields
Application Closing Date
16:30 hr; 20th January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, CV’s and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org , indicating “IT Technician – Abuja” as the subject of your application.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.