We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infant And Young Child Feeding Technical Advisor
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
- Support implementation of ACF’s WINNN Jigawa State IYCF activities by providing training, guidance, and monitoring support to STAs, LTAs and Government counterparts, including internal follow up and accountability to ACF’s IYCF program objectives.
- Provide technical support and capacity building in IYCF program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support and coordinate micronutrient supplementation and maternal, newborn and child health weeks.
- Coordination and monitoring of program implementation.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition ; graduate degree in a related field a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally both C-IYCF and IFC, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
- Demonstrable ability Job Vacancy atreport writing and excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their careers.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages; Hausa required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM programme in an emergency context
- Experience with working with partners, including the government
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note thJob Vacancy atapplications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.