A PhD scholarship is available in Deakin University’s Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation. Scholarships are open to Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and International students. The PhD student, under the guidance of the Chief Investigator, will initiate and conduct research on the topic of ‘Comparative research on cultural diversity and social justice’, led by UNESCO Chair holder Professor Fethi Mansouri.
With a special focus on Dispora communities, migrant youth and women, the UNESCO Chair, Comparative Research on Cultural Diversity and Social Justice hosts a multi-disciplinary research program investigating the manifestations and implications of diversity and justice domestically, regionally and in the international arena.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
Course Level: Scholarship is awarded for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The Chair seeks an exceptional doctoral scholar to conduct multidisciplinary and/or comparative research in one or more of the following areas:
- Cultural diversity and intercultural relations
- Migration and migrant youth
- Social cohesion and multiculturalism
- Citizenship and social justice
- A stipend of $26,288 per annum tax exempt
- A relocation allowance up to $1,840 (2016 rate) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Paid sick, maternity and parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years
Scholarship can be taken in: Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements, be enrolling full-time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in a related field. Please refer to the entry pathways to higher degrees by research for further information.
Nationality: Applications are open to Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and International students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be eligible to enroll student will need to meet the:
- Academic requirements for chosen course
- English language requirements for chosen course
- Deakin’s computing, connectivity and capability requirements.
English Language Requirement: All applicants, regardless of citizenship or country of origin, will be required to demonstrate thJob Vacancy aty meet admission requirements for Deakin’s courses, as well as English language proficiency.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The closing date for application is 31 October 2016.