This Programme provides the opportunity for short-term visits for pre- and post-doctoral UK researchers and researchers from Europe and North America based in the UK to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Institutions.
The Programme is designed to provide researchers with first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom. Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
Course Level: This is a short term visiting research programme from 1st May 2017 to 31st March 2018.
Study Subject: Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Award: It awards
- Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
- JSPS’ designated travel agent will provide a return air ticket for the most direct, economical route.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 JPY (for Post-doctoral Fellows) 200,000 JPY (for Doctoral Fellows)
- Settling-in allowance of 200,000JPY (only for awardees with a tenure of four or more months)
- Overseas travel, accident and sickness insurance coverage (based on JSPS regulations)
- There is an additional research support allowance available for the host, to cover cooperative research expenses with a fellow. Applications for this allowance should be made by the host to JSPS Headquarters.
Scholarship can be taken in Japanese Universities and Institutions
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Post Doctorates must have obtained their PhD at a university outside of Japan within the last 6 years (on or after 2nd April 2011).
- PhD Students must be enrolled in a doctoral course in the UK and not Japan and be scheduled to receive their PhD within 2 years from the time of starting their tenure in Japan.
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply through the JSPS London Office:
- All European Union countries (as of 1st April 2015) as well as Switzerland and Norway
- USA and Canada
- Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through JSPS Tokyo Headquarters.
Nationality: Foreign researchers are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply: Please post the completed Application Form to: JSPS London, 14 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HD and e mail an electronic version to: short-termaward-at-jsps.org.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 1st December 2016.