Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Laboratory Advisor
- The Incumbent will provide leadership and technical expertise and coordination of services needed in implementing high quality clinical laboratory services.
- H/She will coordinate the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services according to national and international standards.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overall laboratory management, which includes managing professional, support staff and large budgets and ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations related to laboratory procedures and the reporting and maintenance of records; and work collaboratively with other managers to establish and maintain laboratory services to support HAI’s HIV prevention. care and treatment programs in the community.
- Duties in this position will include, but are not limited to: planning, directing, and evaluating the work of laboratory personnel; ensuring that test results are recorded and accurateJ reported: preparing the budget and monitoring expenditures and revenues.
- Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related science from an accredited school
- Valid Certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory
- Minimum of five years of successful senior-level laboratory management experience and ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the current principles and techniques surrounding the management of laboratory services
- In addition, the post holder must possess experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a hospital environment
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (eg., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 31st October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
- The subject of the email “MUST” be the Position Title and Location applied for.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.